Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge



Have you ever seen that one commercial for a playoff version of fantasy football where they have the people crying over there poor fantasy football team and they show the team name with their record? And  in thecommercial they're playing that one song "Had A Bad Day" by Daniel Powter? The only site I've known to do it is nfl.com and they giveaway a trip to the Super Bowl. I've always wondered how fantasy football during the playoffs worked. My main question was what happened when a player's team lose? Well, I decided that since I was on that PhantasySteez I would try it out.

First I wanted to figure out how it worked. Here's a screen shot of the rules from nfl.com...


As you can see, it doesn't really give a description of how the points are distributed, but what I find intriguing about it is that multiplier when your player's team wins.  The next week, the points that player accumulates is multiplied.  This is definitely something to keep in mind when it comes to setting up the lineup.

Instead of the familiar head to head format, this playoff version uses more of a pick 'em format where you can pick any player instead of once a player has been chosen by someone else that player is no longer available.  They use an overall leader board which presumably determines the winner of the Super Bowl prize.  You can also join our create groups with your people just like in the regular fantasy football leagues.

So this is who I picked up...





When I was picking my players, I tried to keep in mind the weather crisis that most of the country is going through right now (but not here in So-Cal). Starting with my running backs, LeSean McCoy is clutch. It's gonna be cold in Green Bay so i think Ed Lacy should get some good touches. Even though the Saints are a dome team and they're playing in Philadelphia in the snow today,  I picked Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham because I figured that connection would be most likely to score. That goes for pretty much the rest of my lineup too.  A.J. Green and Jordy Nelson play in the snow too, but I figure if Aaron Rogers and Andy Dalton are going to throw it's probably going to be to Nelson and Green respectively.  Adam Vinatieri is a kicker playing in a dome so that was a no brainer. The Bengals Defense play at home in the snow against the Chargers of San Diego, another no brainer.

So we'll see how this goes. I didn't create any groups because I decided to do this at the last minute,  but I'll keep yall posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment