Saturday, January 24, 2015

Why Not?

I've been pretty quiet on that fantasy basketball steez, but I've still been somewhat active. I was going to shut down PhantasySteez only because I had a little bump in the road with my website. So I had cancelled the service and I had thought this would also shut down my domain and the www.phantasysteez.com. However, it's been like three weeks and my site is still up. I even called up the company to confirm that my services had been cancelled, and they told me that it had been cancelled and should be down after the 22nd. Well, today is the 23rd and phantasysteez.com is alive and well.

Back to basketball. This year I have three teams. I'm not going to get in depth with every player I have on each team, but I feel like two of my teams are above average. The team I have in my homeboy Big Mike's league, I have a fairly decent squad that shouldn't be slept on. But the other day I was setting up my lineup up I was noticing that my team was unbalanced. I was heavy at guard with Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, Elfrid Payton, and Rajon Rondo, but I was also light at center with just Amir Johnson and Rudy Goebert eligible for the position.

I figured I could come up with some kind of way to get a center and maybe even a shooting guard for one or more of my point guards. Everyone in this league has been quiet all season, so I didn't have any insight of how everyone else in the league was thinking. I looked at Big Mike's team and I noticed he had Jonas Valanciunas. I had Valanciunas on my squad last year and even though he is underrated in my opinion, I felt like he could help balance out my team. I also noticed Big Mike had James Harden and I figured I could probably scoop up both if I was crafty enough.



I decided I would send him a trade offer which on paper looked insane but when you really sit down and look at it, it makes a lot of sense. I offered Big Mike Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, and  Rudy Gay for Jonas Valanciunas and James Harden. Even I had thought to myself how could you trade away three players for two? The answer is quite simple as I feel as if Lillard for Harden is fair and I also feel as if Valanciunas for Gay is legit.  Throw in Dwyane Wade and it makes the deal sweeter for him while I get what I want plus I also get rid of a player who is often injured or just not playing.

A few days had passed and I had forgotten that I had even sent over a trade proposal when yesterday I was checking my e-mail and I saw the message about my proposal being rejected. There was another e-mail with a counter offer which was very similar to the original offer but had Corey Brewer instead of James Harden. I quickly rejected the offer with a reply of "are you serious?" I got a message about an hour later which went something like this:



So this morning I ended up resending him the original trade which he most graciously accepted. The trade doesn't go through until Tuesday, so I'll finish up the week and start next week's with these guys and then I'll have the two players I wanted. I think I might need to make one or two more trades to complete my team. I also think I could've probably used Elfrid Payton in that deal instead of Damian Lillard. What do you think? Let me know. Hit me up on Twitter @donofalldons. Google+ +Marcus Nickerson.

No comments:

Post a Comment