Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Random Phantasy Thoughts



I heard Blake Griffin might be coming back this weekend and I'm wondering how that will affect the Clippers. They have been surprisingly good running behind CP3, DJ and Jamal Crawford. Unfortunately though, it looks like Spencer Hawes did not have the impact that many including myself had anticipated.

I'm part of this fantasy basketball group on Facebook and it's an okay group to be in, but at the same time it's kind of weird. I like it because it's a very active group, but most of the times the only thing the people are talking about is silly trade proposals. It makes me think, should a player really be that active when it comes to trading players? And I'm not talking like a handful of trades in a season, I'm talking about like 2-3 trades per week. In the fantasy basketball and  baseball, that's a lot of trades. I'll have to touch on this later...

The Chicago Bulls are looking like their headed towards a downward spiral. First the lose Rose, who lasted longer this season than he has in the previous two or three, and now Jimmy Butler is out for about six weeks. Who do you think you're picking up for in replacement. I'm not sure myself, I don't have either one of them on any of my squads. This week, I haven't done a lot of pick ups. But if I run into something, I'll expand on it later.

Lastly, just to touch back on the whole trading situation and weekly pickups, I do think that it's absurd to completely change the dynamics of your team with multiple trades every week. I also am very bad with weekly pickups in fantasy basketball and fantasy baseball because I like to ride with my players. I like to think I draft well so I just rotate my players. If someone is injured or is consistently inconsistent, then I'll look for a pick up or a trade, but for the most part, I roll with my picks. Am I wrong for this?



No comments:

Post a Comment