Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sluts Mayweather and Fantasy Baseball


This my first post as a 33 year old. That's really not important, just thought I'd throw that out there. Throughout my busy schedule, I find time to play fantasy baseball. I wanted to get into some of that Daily Fantasy Baseball action, but just haven't had the time for it so I've stuck with the traditional Yahoo platform. Most of the time I forget to do my lineups or I forget to check back for any players who got scratched before the official lineup was turned in, so I miss out on a lot of points. This was definitely the case this past week as I trailed most of the week against this guy in this league I'm in where there are a lot of custom settings which you can take advantage of if you strategize and execute at the right moment.

As I said earlier, I usually forget to change my lineups on a daily basis. Usually by the time I think about it, most of the games are already played and I have guys in my lineups who didn't play and guys on my bench who did play. This past Sunday in this league I was 1-2 and I had been determined not to go down to 1-3. I had decided that I was going to try to work free agency and possibly even put together some kind of trade, but I've been so occupied lately all I've had time for is to change my lineup. Crazier part is in this particular league, my team is co-managed by my boy Victor, but for some strange reason he's busier than me these days.

This past week we had been trailing against the opponent all week, but we were slowly creeping back as I had done a much better job with the lineups in the latter part of the week. I was checking the lineup Sunday morning and I realized that we had come within single digits of the lead and I had a feeling that we had a chance to be on top by the end of the day. My plan was to pick up a pitcher that was starting that day since I had three bum pitchers who were hurting the squad. The problem was I was very indecisive on who to add. I waited a few hours, which was longer than I should've, and all the available pitchers who were starting had already played. I was left with Joe Kelly and Adam Warren. I knew Joe Kelly was kind of underperforming so far, but I had never even heard of Warren, so I went with Kelly. I added him an hour before his game started, and here's where the beef comes in.

When I play fantasy football, my boy Victor and I often refer to the term slut or slutting when it comes to how you pick up a player from the free agency. This move I made was a prime example slutting for the victory. This league is set up for same day pick up, meaning if I add a guy today he's on my team today, not tomorrow like in most standard leagues. My opponent thought he had the victory in hand because I was out of players and he still had Brian McCann to play, but I used my slut move and added Kelly. This pissed him off and by the end of the day I had come back and won the match by less than a point.

In this situation though, he didn't get slutted, he got Mayweathered. He got out played by a better fantasy baseball player. I was able to take advantage of a rule that most of the other players have probably overlooked or didn't realize what kind of effect that rule can have on your matchup. I found a way to win, and he got bullsh... Mayweathered. If you catch my drift. Funny thing about it, Joe Kelly sucked balls Sunday night and only got me a whopping -0.33 points, so even if I hadn't of  made the slut move, the guy still would've lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment