Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How Many?

How many of you started Branden Oliver? He was one of the flavors of the week last week and he came through for those who picked him up. Oliver had 26 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown.  He also had 23 receiving yards. The other flavor of the week didn't do as good. How many of you started Andre Williams? I did and I lost in the two leagues I own him in. Williams had 16 carries for 58 yards and no touchdowns. I might keep Williams though because even though he didn't produce like everyone thought he would,  he's not the main problem to me losing in those two leagues.

Once again I made a benching error.  How many of you benched Larry Fitzgerald? I woke up Sunday morning and felt like I needed to get Fitzgerald out of there ASAP. Sounds familiar right? But I had a valid reason. Fitzgerald was scoring low for my team and it had seemed as if the Cardinals were not going to throw the ball to him just because his name is Larry Fitzgerald. Something happened though, Carson Palmer came back from injury and Palmer knows who his #1 receiver is. Fitzgerald had 6 catches for 98 yards and a touchdown, and I had him on the bench. Worst part is I replaced him for Kendall Wright who didn't do anything against Jacksonville.  I lost by just a few points and starting Fitzgerald definitely would've made up some of the difference.

On the other hand though, it looks like Cam Newton is starting to get back to his old self. I was considering trading Cam and I had been reading everywhere that he should be benched until he started running the football again. How many of you benched Cam Newton? I don't think many of you did, but I know one person in Big Mike's league did and missed out on 284 passing yards, two touchdowns, 107 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown. It's what everyone who drafted Cam had been waiting for. When Cam runs the ball, he's a top 5 quarterback. When he doesn't,  he's like in the late teens to early 20s. Hopefully we can get more of the running Cam for now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment