Sunday, November 16, 2014

Feeling Some Kind of Way

As the fantasy football season continues on, I find myself in an interesting position as a fantasy football player. For some reason, this season feels very different than previously. One thing is I'm not having the success I've had in previous seasons, and it has kind of lead me to losing interest in playing the game. For instance, this morning my boy Vic had called me to talk fantasy football, but I was totally not interested in the conversation. I was watching a game at the time, a game that I was upset about having to watch, and none of my players were in the game. Secondly Vic was questioning me about why I haven't picked up Shaun  Hill. At that moment Hill had just threw his touchdown pass to Kenny Britt, a pretty play might I add. I have no interest in Hill, but Victor was pointing out that at the moment Hill had more fantasy points than Cam Newton, which was true at the time but turns out Cam found some way to turn it around and did eventually outscore Hill.

Speaking of Cam Newton, he has been a thorn in my side all season as I'm sure most of you who owns him feels the same way. Last week, I was ready to just get rid of Newton all together. I felt like one of those losers who take fantasy football way too seriously and go off on players' twitter accounts. I didn't resort to that low life behavior though. Instead I tried to trade him to another player in my league but all I was offered in return was a bag of Fritos. In the league Roughing the Picker, I've lost 7 games already and in most of those losses, Cam Newton did not meet his projections. In week 8 he got me 7 points, and he followed that up with 11 and 13 points in weeks 9 and 10 respectively. I already dropped him in another league, Coast2Coast Ballers, but that came back and bit me in the ass because my opponent picked him up this week when Cam decided he didn't want to play like Tim Tebow.


Going forward at this point, I don't know what I'm going to do with Cam. Even though he did okay this week, in most weeks he's been absolutely horrific. I've had opportunities to trade him multiple times but I felt it was dumb to trade him because of his potential. I mean, this is Cam Newton we're talking about. He's bound to come around sometime right?

In this league Roughing the Picker, the last place player pays the prize for the third place and currently I'm in last place. That will change this week as the two players that are in 8th and 9th will lose, but how am I going to maintain that going on? Newton is on a bye next week and my other two quarterbacks are RG3 and Mike Vick (Roughing the Picker is 2 quarterback league). Vick has been not great, but better than expected. RG3 on the other hand, well in a week that he should've dominated against a week Tampa Bay defense, he finished with 207 yards, one touchdown, and 2 interceptions. Honestly, a part of me wants to tank, but as I mentioned earlier the last place guy has to pay the third place guy, we did this to prevent tanking in the first place. Funny thing about it is that I still have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but quite frankly I'm almost to the point to where it's not even worth it. The only thing that's motivating me to keep playing at this point is avoiding finishing in last place and having to pay the third place winner.



I mentioned my other league Coast2Coast Ballers earlier and I should be somewhat satisfied in this league. Even though I should lose this week, I've been dominating throughout the season. Including this week I've lost two out of the last three games but that's mainly because of byes. I'm still in playoff contention and I should rebound sooner rather than later. The reason why I'm not feeling this league though is because it's so quiet. This league in particular is why I play fantasy football. Usually the competitive banter is off the charts. It's a very prideful league and trash talking is usually a constant. This season however, no one is talking. Even the commissioner has been quiet as of late.

This has made this league mad boring. My fantasy football rival Mr. Hindsman is in this league and when we played, there was nothing epic about it. I almost forgot we were playing against each other. He's not doing too good in this league and another league that we're in and it's like he's lost interest because of it. I called him out about this last week on Facebook and his response was simply, I forgot. I FORGOT? He was talking all that good ish during the preseason and now all of a sudden he forgot? I expect more from Mr. Hindsman but I know, the sun don't shine, the sun don't shine. I'll go ahead and win the league, since it was also thrown in my face that I haven't won the league yet, but I'm going to put an asterisk by this victory because it just isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment