Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hitting the Panic Button

First of all, I know I haven't been doing such a great job with keeping up. I had some great things to post about too like my boy Victor winning by .02 points, my thoughts on the Trent Richardson trade, and this 8 team league I'm in that started a week late. I know, but my scheduled is more complicated than I can grasp. I'm looking for a new job, I'm trying to finalize things between me and that chick from high school, I'm on the bus, my friends keep me busy, I'm blindly looking for property, plus all the regular fuckery that's involved with being Mr. Nickerson. In fact, I'm so busy that keeping up with my 15 teams is crazy. Not too mention that me resources are limited due to circumstances and situations, so probably about 7 times out of 10 I'm probably adjusting my roster from my phone.

Regardless of how busy I've been, most of my teams have winning records. Unfortunately I do have two teams that are 0-3 which is pretty good considering that I have 15 teams. Also, the team in that 8 team league is 0-2. That's not too bad considering that I'm barely managing 15 teams, but then I start to wonder why. When I look at these three teams, I think all three rosters are good enough to at least be average. For some reason though, none have been able to pick up the W. At this time, I can only point to two main reasons: player inconsistencies and bad management on my behalf.

When I look at these three teams, I noticed that there are a couple of similarities with these teams. First, but not that important, all three of them are Yahoo leagues. Second, and most important, these three teams have a few players in common. These players, Ed Lacy, Tavon Austin, Sam Bradford, Rashard Mendenhall, Tom Brady and Andrew Luck are on two two of the three teams.




Brady and Luck displays both inconsistency and bad team management. Over three weeks Brady has under produced averaging about 16 points a game, but he was projected to average 19 points a game. This makes me think that I probably should've started Luck instead of Brady. Luck has scored more fantasy points than he was projected to in every week except for last week where he 15 points and he was projected to have 16, which still isn't bad. The question though, how do you bench Tom Brady for Andrew Luck? Especially now that the Colts picked up Trent Richardson.



Ed Lacy has been busy in Green Bay, but in week two he suffered a concussion on the first play. That week, he had one carry for 10 yards, which got us 1 point. He didn't pass the NFL's concussion protocol so he didn't play last week. So in the two leagues that I have Lacy, I replaced him with Rashard Mendenhall. Going into week 3, Mendenhall had exceeded expectations in weeks 1 and 2. In week 3 though, the week I needed him to fill in for Lacy, he disappeared... against the Saints. I need someone to fill in for Lacy this week too, but most likely it's not going to be Mendenhall.



I can't really say much about Tavon Austin and Sam Bradford. Austin had one good game in week two, but for the most part he's been on my bench. I have him on many of my teams that are not win less, but with Austin, unfortunately he's been on my bench because I have better receivers on the teams that he is on. Weird part is I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Same thing goes with Bradford. He's been on my bench waiting for my starting quarterback to go on a bye. Coincidentally, I have him starting in a two quarterback league, and that team is 2-1.



There are probably more reasons why these teams are win less, or it could be simply a matter of bad luck. Whichever reason it is, my competitive nature will not stand around and let these team tank out the season. I can probably spend more time with these teams during the week, but I don't want to neglect my other teams just to get a W. I could propose a trade or something, but that could come back to bite me in the ass like the Andre Johnson-Danny Amendola trade has done in a different league. Something has to be done because 0-3, or 0-2, is not a good look.




2 comments: