Monday, November 11, 2013

A Case of the Mondays

It's Monday morning and I'm a little tired for a couple of reasons. I usually wake up at 4 a.m. Why? I don't know. But this morning I was going over the scores from yesterday's action and I was seeing how my fantasy teams did when I noticed two things. First thing, which is somewhat off topic but still on that PhantasySteez, both of my two fantasy basketball teams are in first place. A couple of reasons why I have written about my fantasy basketball teams, mainly time and inconvenience. Second, I was about to lose in my two most important leagues again, and almost in the same fashion as it been the last few weeks. It would appear that I'm having a reoccurring case of the Mondays.

The Mondays can ruin any fantasy football player's weekend. You know what I'm talking about right? I'm talking about when by Sunday evening you're team is up but come Monday night you've lost the game because your opponent has one or two more players for Monday Night Football. For some reason those one or two players have a monster career game and by the end you're feeling like dirt. It's one of the worst ways to lose in fantasy football.

This week once again I'm on the verge of losing in my two main leagues. The one I want to talk about in particular is the potential loss which is causing me to have this terrible case of the Mondays. Right now in Roughing the Picker, I have a 45 point lead against my opponent The Tea Party Express, or Aaron for short. I'm hoping that will be enough to cover the spread as I don't have any more players remaining for tonight. I know he has Ryan Tannehill playing tonight and this morning at 4:20 a.m. I was hoping he would put up his usual statistics of about 200 yards and a touchdown and about two turnovers. Plus, let's not forget that the Dolphins offensive line is all discombobulated now considering the whole Incognito situation, so I was feeling quite comfortable with my 45 point lead.



Something happened though while I was at 7-11 sipping on my 100% Colombian, waiting for the bus to come. I sent Victor a text about how Tannehill needed to score 45 points and he pointed out that Aaron also has Vincent Jackson playing tonight. How could I have overlooked such a important factor in this equation? Jackson really hasn't missed a beat on that PhantasySteez, even with a changing of quarterbacks. Miami's defense is not bad, but they aren't too good either. I could easily see Mike Glennon going for at least two touchdowns, with at least one of those going to Jackson, thus easily assisting Tannehill cover the 45 point deficit.



At this point a loss in this league could be crucial. Currently I'm in fourth place behind Aaron who is in third. So I victory could propel me to third place with the playoffs only a few weeks ahead. A loss however could drop me down to sixth or even seventh, and once again with the playoffs lurking, it could make the situation that much harder. For the rest of the day this situation will probably cause a serious lack of enthusiasm. It's Monday and I'm already tired.




No comments:

Post a Comment