Friday, November 29, 2013

The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat

Well, here we are. Week 13. In most leagues, this is the last week of the fantasy football regular season. The last chance to make it into the winner's bracket of the playoffs. In most of my leagues I'm averaging a record of about 7-5, but of course in my two main leagues one is playoff bound and the other is not.

Starting out with my most important, the league I have money on, I have failed to make the winner's bracket in Roughing the Picker. I talked a little about what happened with Danny Woodhead and Bob Rainey yesterday so I won't go into why I think I lost this week. Instead, I look at some of the inconsistencies of my lineup. I drafted Alfred Morris, but I was never quite sold on him having a solid sophomore campaign. I tried to trade him for Trent Richardson. Good thing Choopie refused that trade as we all know how Richardson has been doing this season. So I've been stuck with Morris who was too good to drop, but playing for a confused Washington Redskins team has definitely affected his production.

Aside from Morris, I was never really a fan of having two quarterbacks on my bench. Even though this is a two quarterback league,  I knew I didn't need to have two quarterbacks on the bench. I felt like it was limiting the capacity of my bench, which i realized later to be fact as I suffered during bye weeks. I never fixed the situation until last week when I dropped Geno Smith for Bob Rainey, and as we all know, Rainey didn't do shit this past week.

Crazy part is I still have a very slim chance to make the playoffs. As of writing this, I was going over the league schedule and playoff format and it looks like this league takes six teams to the playoffs. I thought it was only four teams that went into the winner's bracket. Currently, I'm in seventh place, and coincidentally, I'm playing the guy who is in sixth place. This put me in a must-win situation, or as I like to call it, Manning Eli mode. I'll get more into that later, but right now I can't stress how imperative victory has become. Should I win, I'll have the same record as my opponent, but I would've scored more points overall, thus putting me in sixth place.

The scenario is not as scary in my other main league, Coast2Coast Ballers. I recovered from a four game losing streak last week with a victory of Ron. I'm still in second place, but I got Savel on my ass. The playoffs doesn't start until week 15, so I'm trying to retain second place so I can get that first round bye. Also coincidentally, I play Savel again week 14. Savel beat me a few weeks ago after I talked all that shit. I should still be able to win, but I gotta be careful. Just one loss could have me in the same situation I'm as Roughing the Picker.... MANNING ELI!


No comments:

Post a Comment