Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's not how you start, it's how you finish...?

Last night around 7:30 p.m. I was pretty exhausted when Victor called me. He kindly reminded me that I haven't posted in over a week. This is very true and I went in to him scout ask the other stuff I'm doing. Victor's response basically was I should have at least two posts a week. Then we talked about what I could write about. I could easily write about how Andre Johnson smashed me last week; How I traded him in Coast2Coast Ballers and the week he decided to have a monster game I played the guy I traded him to... I could write about how the Packers receivers are in trouble until Aaron Rodgers come back. But being that it's Thursday, I have a couple of things to talk about.

First thing is it's amazing how my boy Victor in Roughing the Picker and my nemesis Mr. Hindsman in Coast2Coast Ballers both have an 8-1 record. Both of these guys managed to survive last week without Peyton Rocket Laser Arm Manning (which I did want to write about him having a bye week). Both of them have a knack of coming back and winning on Monday nights. What really irks me is both of them has beaten me. In two of my most important leagues, I see I'm going to have to step it up. The road to the championships lead to defeating Victor and Mr. Hindsman once and for all.

Speaking of Coast2Coast Ballers, I've been on a losing streak ever since I started beef with Savel and Mr. Hindsman. It's only two games and I'm still in second place but these defeats are kind of grinding my gears. The loss to Savel I sort of accept because I probably didn't manage my team properly. The loss to Cephus however really stung because I gave him Andre Johnson and the week I play Cephus, Johnson decided to blow up. If I lose another game it'll probably drop me down to third or fourth. I'm not trying to have that. I must dominate so I can get my revenge on Mr. Hindsman in the playoffs.

Lastly, speaking of playoffs, it's week 10 and we all should be concentrated on the playoffs. It'll be here before you know it and you don't want to get caught slipping and miss the playoffs. Out of all my teams, the average record is 5-4 (I have one team sitting at 5-2-2). In most leagues, this is about middle of the pack.

Most of the time, I don't want to lose any more than four games in a season because it can cause problems as far as playoff seeding. In most league, the top four teams are put in the championship bracket while everyone else plays in the consolation bracket. I can manage with getting into the championship bracket with four losses, but with five losses like I have with some teams, it's easier said than done. I would pretty much need to run the table for my teams that have five losses already. The task can be daunting, but not impossible. This week is the first week of rematches, and it's not about how you start, its about how you finish... I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment