Monday, November 25, 2013

Blue Monday

It's Monday, and I spent most of my weekend hiding in my apartment. Reality has been interesting, so interesting that I've been distracted a tad bit from that PhantasySteez. I felt good this morning though, and I thought I would just point out some things I've noticed from this weekend when it comes to fantasy football, and I'm even going to throw in some fantasy basketball.

Yeah that's right. Fantasy basketball. I had been reluctant on writing about my fantasy basketball squad because I wasn't really into fantasy basketball and I didn't know if I was going to start a whole new blog for it or just continue it in this  blog. Well, I guess since I'm writing about it here that answers that question right? Yeah, so my boy from Dillard University Mike DeBose invited me to his fantasy basketball league, and I accepted. I'm also in Mike's fantasy football league, but I'm in 7th place. Weird part about that is it's an eight man league, which means free agency is not as crucial as my other leagues, but for some reason the Ws have not coming in that league.

Going back to fantasy basketball, I was undefeated until now. I lost to Alexis. Now, I should know most of the people in this league, as most of them are Dillard alumni. Of course I don't know everybody. I may remember some names, but beyond that I doubt they even remember who I am. They might remember my face, but for the most part I don't know any of these cats. But now I'm 3-1 because I lost to Alexis, whoever that is. One thing about fantasy basketball, you have to be on top of your lineup. I lost this week because I wasn't on top of my injuries. I thought Deron Williams was playing through his injuries. Instead he was being scratched at game time, so now I'm getting no production from him. Being somewhat new to fantasy basketball, I'm not sure if I should drop him or bench him. Luckily, this is just fun to me, and we'll have to wait to see how this come out.

Back to football though, I'm pretty sure I'm out of the playoffs in Roughing the Picker. My recent losing streak has been fierce effecting my two important teams and benefiting my 12 other random leagues. It looks like I'm going to make the playoffs in about 9 other leagues, but the league that has money on the line, I pretty much blew it. This week, I made a major mistake. I benched Danny Woodhead. Over the last couple of weeks, he had been mediocre, even below average. I benched him for the Bob Rainey. That was a horrible mistake. Horrible!! Being that this is a PPR league, for some reason Woodhead and the Chargers decided they wanted to beat the Chiefs, and on the bench, Woodhead had like 35 points yesterday, ON MY BENCH!

Meanwhile, my opponent had Julian Edelman. I laughed Sunday morning when I looked at the matchup and say my opponent had started Edelman, but Sunday evening was bittersweet as the Patriots, my team, beat the Broncos, and Edelman  scored twice. What made Edelman decided to show up? Why Brady didn't look for Gronk? I believe it's because Brady had been looking for Gronk the past two weeks and the results have been losses. So now, I got Alfred Morris playing tonight and he has to make up a 38 point deficit, which is very unlikely against San Francisco's defense.

I don't really have much to say about Coast2Coast Ballers. I've been on a four game losing streak, pretty much since I started that shit talking against Mr. Hindsman and Savel. This week, I have a 46 point lead against Ron. I'm done, and he has Vernon Davis left to play tonight. I should win, but then again, you never know. I did notice one thing about my losing streak though. I had Case Keenum in the lineup those weeks. That's all I have to say about that.

Lastly, I have two leagues right where I started Colin Kaepernick. I was reluctant about starting Kaepernick, but for some reason I had Matthew Berry in the back of my head saying, "Stop being cute, you're starting Kaepernick." So I did and in one league, I lost, not because of Kaepernick, but the rest of the team didn't show up. But in the other league,  I'm down by 19 points. So in essence, I need Kaepernick to embrace Monday night. I need him to demolish the Redskin's defense. I'm going estimate... 2 touchdowns, 250 yards passing, 100 yards on the ground and a rushing touchdown... yeah, that should do it. We'll see if my inner Matthew Berry is correct.

Lastly, for real this time, aside from all the other BS going on, I was reluctant to post because I read an article about using other people's pictures on blogs, which I have been doing. Yeah, I'm not trying to be sued, so until I figure something else out, PhantasySteez is going pictureless.

No comments:

Post a Comment