Monday, October 28, 2013

Waving the White Flag

Something weird happened yesterday. I took the day off. I didn't leave my apartment. I watched football all day. Most importantly, I know I lost at least one if the two most important fantasy football games of the week. I have awkward feelings about both of these potential defeats.

Starting with the game that I have a confirmed defeat, my best friend Victor has defeated me in Roughing the Picker. Despite a high output from my team, Victor's team has a nice lead. Plus, I'm out of players and he still has Russell Wilson playing tonight. Kuddos Victor, the student has become the teacher... Or has he? When I started instigating this important matchup, I predicted that should Victor win, which he has, it would be because I told him who to start, which I did. I recall last Thursday in Hawthorne where in a phone conversation I questioned him starting the Cleveland Browns defense. I mentioned how in Coast2Coast Ballers I was starting Green Bay's defense. He was very intrigued. All of a sudden on Sunday, my day off, I see Victor is starting Green Bay's D! I sent him a text kindly reminding him of my prediction. He did acknowledge the prediction but also mentioned he got a last minute tip from ESPN. Regardless and point being, even though I did lose, it's a very satisfying defeat because I told you how to beat me, and you took my advice. Good job Victor. Celebrate. Rub it in all week. You deserve it.




In my other important matchup, I strongly feel like in going to lose against Savel. Right now I'm up by a good 106 points, but he has Seattle's defense and Golden Tate playing tonight.  The way the point structure is set up in Coast2Coast Ballers, Seattle's D can surpass the 106 points by itself, especial against a Sam Bradford-less St. Louis Rams team.

I'm very unsatisfied with this potential defeat. However I must point out two significant factors that relates to the causes of this defeat.



First, Andy Dalton killed me. He threw five touchdowns and scored 41 points. I would've been fine with that IF all of these touchdowns went to A.J. GREEN. Only one toucdown to Green. Not like Matthew Stafford who threw 329 yards to Megatron. Dalton threw 4 touchdowns to Marvin Jones, not to A.J. Green, which would've countered the 41 point outcome from Dalton and increase my chances for victory. Andy Dalton killed me.

Secondly, I noticed something very interesting in which I'm sure Savel, Mr. Hindsman, Tyree and the Commissioner can identify with. Should I lose, it'll be the exact same way I lost to Mr. Hindsman in week one. The league starts one quarterback, but the league also starts two offensive players. Unlike the standard flex position, you can start a quarterback at offensive player. In the league, one of the best ways to maximum your point outcome is to start as many quality quarterbacks as possible. I only started one quarterback against Mr. Hindsman, and I only started one quarterback against Savel. Savel started Drew Brees and Andy Dalton. Should I have started another quarterback at offensive player instead of starting Giovanni Bernard, I probably would've had a better chance. You see why I think In going to lose?

So I may have put my foot in my mouth.  I wave the white flag. I may have lost both games. Victor and Savel have all rights to talk shit. But next time we play, I'll be talking again... #DonStatus

No comments:

Post a Comment